Click HERE to view the Apira Covid-19 Safe Plan
*** Update 15 Jan 2021
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services are frequently releasing updated restrictions which affect our operation. It is difficult to update all our documentation to reflect this, so the key elements are shown here, and may be a little different to what we’ve previously documented.
· Our QR code compliance allows the lodge to have a density of one person per 2 Square Meters – signs have been updated to reflect this.
· Individual bookings must not exceed a family plus 30 guests
· Different bookings must not share bedrooms
· Different bookings must not share bathrooms
- You cannot come to the lodge if you live in a ‘lock down’ area or are subject to a quarantine notice, self-isolation notice or similar.
- Prior to departure from home everyone booked in should undertake a Covid-19 symptoms self-assessment. If anyone in the booking has symptoms the booking should be cancelled and the Lodge Manager advised.
- You need to bring all your own bedding – sheets, doona and pillow.
- There are no lodge supplies provided.
- You are encouraged to bring pre prepared meals.
- See Lodge Manager for an induction upon arrival.
- Departure after duties/cleaning completed is prior to 5pm.
Click HERE for protocol for use of lounge, bar and dining areas
Click HERE for protocol for kitchen cooking, dining and dishwashing:
All Duties have been revised and updated to meet our Covid-19 Safe Plan – They are listed below so you can read them on your device and not need to touch duty cards.
There is also a list with QR codes at the lodge so you can scan and view on your device – anyone who does not have a suitable device will be able to get a printout.
ALWAYS read the duty as it may have been updated since the last time you viewed it.
Duty Number and Brief Description